Wednesday 29 February 2012

Gr2 Feb Show Us Your Stuff! Challenge

The Group 2 February Challenge over at http://showusyourstuff.blogspot.com.au/ is a recipe challenge. 3 pps, 3 embellies, at least one heart and paint somewhere on the page. So here is my entry. Now I may have mentioned this before, but purple is a colour I very rarely use, however I wanted to match the colour in DS's shirt & tie so I pulled out everything I possessed in my stash that was a shade of purple, then I added just a dash of green to break it & also black to make it more masculine.



I cut a little pocket at the top of the page for some hidden journalling, and white washed the background paper with white paint. The dyed doily, heart pin, purple satin ribbon, ticket & advert are all from Tattered Inspirations; cogs are from Srapmatts, and the stamp is from Stampin' Up!
Thanks for looking :)

4 comments:

  1. Jo, what a lovely layout.
    You have rocked the purple! You should scrap with it more often!
    Love that little hidden pocket and the quote.
    Thanks for playing at SUYS x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great lo love the hidden journal tag thanks for playing at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done brilliantly with this! I struggle with purple also - I wonder why that is?
    Thanks for 'showing us your stuff' this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout, you did very well with the purple! Thank you for playing along at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete