Sunday 18 March 2012

The Boxx Fortnightly Challenge

This is another pic I've been wanting to scrap for a while. This DH looking for the name of his cousin who was tragically killed in action in Vietnam. The f/n challenge over at the Boxx is an 85:15 challenge. 85% neutral colour + 15% colour of our choice. This was harder than I first thought because I just wanted to keep adding colour (red in this case). I also wanted to capture the serenity that permeates throughout the Memorial, so I had to hold back a bit on the embellies as well so as not to override the actual photo. I printed the first words from the poem " In Flanders Fields" by John McCrae (1915) directly onto the photo & printed the soldier & cross onto vellum & attached it to the photo. I thought that the quote was appropriate for this theme as well. I've used Gesso as the background & my Cricut for the alphas.


Thanks for visiting, have a great week :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this Jo , you have done a awesome job

    Cheers
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete