Wednesday 26 September 2012

Hump Day Inspo

Happy Hump Day again! And what a beautiful spring day it is here!
I am coming to the end of our o/s holiday pics finally. Only a few more pages to go & I'm making a concerted effort to finish it off before I make a start on any other project. Budapest in Hungary was the last stop on our river cruise. We didn't really know what to expect but it turned out that Budapest is such a lovely place, especially the old town. We had two perfectly sunny days here & we were able to wander around the place by ourselves, which is what we really enjoy, because let's face it - getting lost is half the fun :)  Especially in a place where most people don't speak English. It's amazing how you can make someone understand that you have a horrible head cold & need something to relieve the congestion (via an unusual amount of hand gesticulation). I then had to ask one of the staff members on our ship to translate the instructions of the medication that I was eventually given at a local pharmacy, into English. Even they had trouble, because they were Polish :)
These pics are just two of about 50 photos I took in those two days. It is so picturesque from the top of the Fisherman's Bastion.



Our ship berthed along the Danube just near the Chain Bridge on the opposite side to Parliament House, so we had wonderful views, especially at night, of the old Castle, the Bridge, Parliament House & the City itself.
We were ever so sad to be leaving our floating Hotel, but we had 4 days in Prague to look forward to before heading home.
Thanks for dropping by.

2 comments:

  1. Another awesome travel page. I can't believe you have nearly scrapped all your travel photo's. I still have a box full !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, unfortunately I've only scrapped the best ones. I still have hundreds that I could scrap but haven't got the room for them :( xx Thanks for visiting.

      Delete