Sunday 9 September 2012

KIU! September Challenge

As I said, August was really a slack month for me in regards to scrapbooking. So I'm making up for it this month. This is my take on the challenge over at http://kraftitup.blogspot.com.au/


When I first saw this I thought that it would be easy-peasy......but no! it was a bit trickier that I first thought. I've had a bit of trouble bringing myself to scrap pics of my DS, mainly because I miss him so much & because I'm a sook I tend to shed a few tears every time I see his photo. I am so dang proud of him. However, I bit the bullet & scrapped a photo from his farewell party. I'm not quite happy with the way it turned out but at least it was progress so now hopefully I'll be able to go ahead & scrap a few more pages of his departure...sob :(


And a closie:

The lovely button is from Purple Pumpkin & the doily is from Tattered Inspirations.
TFL xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh Jo, sending hugs and the layout is lovely. There is nothing like a mothers love and pride x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks for your kind comments Mary, cause I know that you know how it feels. Although 3 months is way too long not to see your child :( I'm counting the days until November.

      Delete
  2. Great layout Jo. I love the green paint on the background. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo your layout is wonderful and so heartfelt. I really love the background technique you have used and that banner is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Kraft It Up! this month. So glad you were able to find some inspiration with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout! Thanks for playing along at KIU!

    ReplyDelete
  5. close ups of the details on your layout look great...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete