Sunday 21 October 2012

A Lynette Carroll Wall Art

Hello again! Yes, I know, I've posted 3 times in one weekend - now that's a record for me! But I just wanted to share a project that I finally finished. This wall art was a class that I took with the lovely Lynette Carroll at the Brisbane Expo back in June. Lynette is so professional and a lot of fun to have as a teacher. She made the whole process so easy for us and her beautiful designs can make a beginner look like a professional. I was lucky enough to complete most of the tags at the Expo, so there was just a little bit of finishing off when I got home, but the biggest hurdle was finding just the right photos. Hence the reason for my delay in finishing this off.
 Absolutely everything was supplied for this project even a little jar of paint to paint the chippie words. As you can see, nearly everything is in miniature and there was oodles of mounting foam added for all the layering. Surprisingly I found the 12 x 12 frame at my local Reject Shop. It had a very ugly flower print inside it so it wasn't a wrench to get rid of that, so for $10 I ended up with a nice looking frame to match my project. And as we know, reasonably priced 12x12 frames are very hard to come by. Obviously I had to discard the glass as well.



I really love the butterfly with the little cotton spool on it, which we also had to decorated. Anyway, another fun project from the Brisbane Expo. Now to find a spot on the wall for it...
Thanks for looking xx



1 comment: