Saturday 20 April 2013

Once Upon A....Sketch April Challenge

Hidey Ho everyone, time for another challenge. This one is for Once Upon A....Sketch  I haven't entered a challenge over there for a little while but I really loved this months theme and sketch.

Theme: Best day of your life.

Sketch:

I've been lucky enough to have a few "best days" in my life, but when I received my DD's photos from their trip to Iceland and she told me what an amazing time they were having, I decided I really wanted to scrap their experiences in such a faraway land, because these really are the best days of their lives. I've had to expand the sketch to accommodate the landscape photos. Here is my interpretation:


I've had this lovely Kaiser Craft pp (Prairie Lane collection) for quite a while as well as the little penguin cameo from Tattered Inspirations & it's finally nice to have photos to match. My job was made easier by the fact that the colours in the photos matched perfectly with the pp. But what I really loved the most is the snowflakes from Scrapmatts. I used the negative from them with texture paste to place some extra snowflakes on the background, then I painted the chippy snowflakes white & sprayed them with Glimmer Mist & added some rhinestones. I thought the feathers softened the page then I added some flowers from Bo Bunny & Manor House. Here are the closies:


The texture paste snowflakes came up a treat!





So thanks for stopping by and I hope you've had a creative day too :) xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh, what a time they are having and to see the Aurora Borealis....wow...stunning page Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really really like this page! That super duper cute little penguin cameo stole my heart! beautiful chippie treatment and perfect papers/colours to go with the photo. Smashing page! Thanks ever so much for sharing it with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo. Wow, what amazing photographs these are - fabulous scrap page! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! one of my fv LOS in this challenge! amazing photos and you framed them gorgeous! thank you so much for playing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete