Thursday 19 December 2013

CSI #102

Three blog posts in one week! Phew! I'm on a roll for once and I've posted my entry into the latest challenge over at CSI: Colour,Stories, Inspiration  This is the Case File including a fantastic sketch from Em Stafrace:


Here is my take:


This is another layout using KaiserCraft Base Coat, perfect for the theme. I've used ScrapFX Gum Leaves and KaiserCraft bird.
This is our girl giving some love to a gum tree that we found at Kew Gardens near London. She said "I can smell home!" and sure enough around the next bend in the path, we came across a stand of gum trees. She couldn't get enough of the smell and even made me take a very small branch of leaves & carry it around in my hand bag all day just so she could put them in a vase in her room. Apparently they lasted for weeks. Note the sunny weather; about an hour after this pic was taken it was positively gloomy, but perfect weather for our stroll through the Gardens :)


Thanks for dropping by, but please let me know that you have :)xx

2 comments:

  1. Love it Jo and love the story behind it. A great memory you have recorded for Elise
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful page Jo...I can remember doing the very same thing in California many years ago. The bark paper and the gum leaves are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete