Sunday 5 January 2014

Orange Paperie & Co January Challenge

Hello fellow scrappers! I'm back today with a lovely challenge for Orange Paperie & Co set by the lovely Annette. Her Challenge this months is to scrap something about Friendship with some meaningful journalling. So here is my DT Inspo for you:


This is a pic of me & DH which we took on Boxing Day. A very rare, half-decent selfie! We are celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary this month, so I thought it would be appropriate to create a page of us. I've written quite a bit of a story which is hidden behind the photo inside a glasseen bag (see below). It's quite personal but it begins with "Even though we've now been married for 30 years, we've actually been together for 36 years." And ends with "We must have done something right because we've been blessed with two wonderful children & we have much to be grateful for. I hope we get to celebrate another 30 years together". There is quite a bit of  heart-felt and personal journalling between that.

I've used some lovely 7 Dots Studio paper as well as Double Dots from Bo Bunny. The lovely bird is from A2Z Scraplets & I've been waiting for just the right page to use it on. Although I did have a bit of trouble getting the colour right. There are many layers of different colours & medium on this bird but eventually I think it came out okay.

There's also some washi tape, Maya Road clock, some lovely metal & wood embellies from Craft Queen which I've gessoed & American Crafts alphas. The flowers are from Prima.


I hope you find some inspiration here & join us this month for this fabulous challenge. Don't be shy! We'd love to see your work. If anyone from my home town is reading this, and I know there are some really talented scrappers that live here, this is a challenge site created by ladies from the Central West. Please join in on the fun, we'd love to see your work and give you the opportunity to showcase your creations :). Please feel free to leave some blog love!


3 comments:

  1. Jo this is just Beautiful! love the Zipper pull up the top and its a great selfi. I just love everything about this, the colours are gorgeous and love the texture. I think this might be a fave of mine of yours
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just come across your blog through Scrap Around The World. I thought i'd check out your work as I was impressed with your layout on the Jan. mood board challenge.
    I really like this layout to. Your "selfie" has turned out well,[ mine are always terrible.]
    Love the layers & colour combination. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and yummy textures to showcase your lovely photo. Specially love that bird Chippie :)

    ReplyDelete