Saturday 8 March 2014

CSI Special Case File for March

Hello and welcome to Saturday. CSI has joined forces this month with Archi-scraps. This Case File will be running for the whole month. This challenge was right up my alley as I love architecture and have many photos of beautiful buildings from our o/s travels. However, given the The Scheme for this challenge my photos weren't quite right, so thanks to my resident photographer o/s Steve Hill, who took some fantastic photos of the Basilica de la Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, I had some beautifully coloured pics to work with :)


So you see what I mean about the colours! I also wanted to add some architectural accents, so out came my trusty Cricut & this is what I came up with:


I used a stencil on the background with ink & then traced around them to accentuate the design more. I also used a rough grid design in keeping with the theme.


Hopefully one day I'll see this amazing structure for myself. Thanks for calling in :)

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Jo, perfect for the challenge
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the colours Jo!
    Works really well!
    Cheers Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this layout and it really popped in the gallery. Clever use of your cricut.. Love the stencilling too. I think you nailed this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Those photos really are terrific. Like your idea with the cricut pieces. Well solved. Thanks for joining in at Archi-scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering at Archiscraps. That is a spectacular photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agh! This is on my bucket list Jo. Your photos are splendid and the page really does them justice :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Such a beautiful layout! Love the photos and scroll accents! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful page, love your gorgeous photos, & bright & happy colours used throughout...fabulous!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Archiscraps in this collaboration with CSI.
    Debi - DT@Archiscraps

    ReplyDelete