Saturday 24 May 2014

CSI: Case File #124

Hello again & thanks for calling in. I have another Case File to share for this weeks challenge at CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration  The Scheme for this week really threw me for a while, until I discovered the beautiful photos that my DD had sent me from the Keukenhof Gardens near Amsterdam. And as it is Spring time in the Northern Hemisphere (jealous much!), there's no better time for visiting the Netherlands. Here is the Case File:

So you can see what I mean about the colours! They are very pretty, but very far removed from my usual palette. When I decided to use these photos, & mind you it was extremely hard to choose from the dozen plus photos that she took at these amazing gardens, I wanted to make sure that the photos themselves were the focus. So here is how I solved the case:



All the flowers I've used here were originally white, which I sprayed with Glimmer Mist to match the colour scheme. The plum coloured leaves & title are cut from my Cricut machine then coloured. I've also used a bit of plasterers tape & lots of inking & Gelatos. In solving the case I used 7 fun facts about the Gardens.



I used Liquid Pearls for the flower centres & added a couple of die cut butterflies. The design for the page came to me in the middle of one of my sleepless nights :/


Thanks for looking & I hope you get to play along this week.


4 comments:

  1. A delightful spring page Jo. I'd love to see this place IRL. Love the flowers cascading down the page. Beautiful work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love how you framed the photos. The flowers came up so well too. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that would be a lovely thing to see, but your layout would be the next best thing, Beautiful Jo
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....loving all those pretty blooms and love how you framed the photo's. Stunning, soft colours...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete