Tuesday 17 June 2014

Scrap Africa Challenge #30

Happy Tuesday everyone! I'm back today to give you the heads up on the new challenge over at Scrap Africa.  This challenge is a "Scrap Your Stash" project. Anything that you have had in your stash for more than 3 years - it's time to get them out!


It's amazing how you can make something that may not be quite "in" at the moment, still look fresh and new. I made a couple of cards using some rub-ons from Kaszazz, which I still really like, but just never got around to using them. I also used some old brads and tulle that I found in my stash as well.


On the background of the "Love & Hugs" card, I've used the faux silk technique then sprayed with Glimmer Mist. The lovely bright green ribbon is from Craft Queen as are the little pearl outlines. The daisy button on the "Heart" card is also from Craft Queen. The heart brads I've had in my stash for at least 4 or 5 years and the tulle is from Stampin' Up! that I've had for a very long time.

Pop on over the the Scrap Africa blog & check out the Design Team's inspiration. We would love to see your creations!

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Jo, and such a good challenge, hope I get time to play along x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ar lovely Jo and you have certainly made some older goodies look fresh and new! I am still a fan of rub-ons and if they are good quality, then they last for ages. Love the fresh colours you have used too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bright and cheery cards Jo. I have never seen that silk technique used before; it looks gorgeous. Would you consider doing a step by step for Scrap Africa? The rub on came up beautifully. I had a try at that, but mine just disintegrated - obviously not good quality :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen, yes these rub ons are quite good quality & transferred easily. I could do a little tutorial on the faux silk technique if you'd like, it's very simple. It wouldn't be a video - I'm not that techno savvy lol!

      Delete
  4. Super cute design Jo.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes I agree with Helen that would be awesome. I have also never seen it done before. Two very pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete