Tuesday 19 August 2014

Scrap 365 Sketch

Hello again. I really wanted to have a go at the September Sketch challenge over at Scrap 365 so I put my head down this morning to get it done. My biggest challenge usually is deciding on a photo. I took this pic of the boys last weekend and because I very rarely get a good one of the two of them together, I wanted to scrap it straight away. They usually pull faces when I have the camera out, but there's nothing like bribing them with food to get them to behave.....:)  Here is the sketch:


Now this turned out a lot messier than I wanted, but for some reason when I do masculine pages it brings out the messy/grungy/agro side of me, hmmmmmm....I wonder why?

                                                              "Happy Carnivores"


I've stamped the background with some 3D Gold Paint, which I find I'm using regularly of late. It has a slight glitter to it. Also paint, chalk pen, plasterers tape and Glimmer Glaze. And of course my page wouldn't be complete without a Flair - this one is from Studio Fourteen40. I also used some very old Bo Bunny and Stampin' Up! paper. This little wooden crown is from Craft Queen.


I should be keeping up with some DT commitments and also starting my Christmas cards (what the?!! already?!), but when the scrapping mojo comes a knocking I just have to go with it :)  Thanks for dropping by.

12 comments:

  1. What a nice page you created with Scrap 365 sketch, thank you so much for joining our challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page, Jo! the background work is fab and it is striking againg the dark paper.
    Now I understand that no way my boys will give up making funny faces whenever I want to take their photos.... The photo you used is great and the title is a great one.
    Love your use of the products here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool layout! Love the dark colors! Thank you for sharing this with us at Scrap365 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Jo, such a fun, happy layout. Your boys look like they are really enjoying themselves. The flair looks great and you do grunge fabulously
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Jo!!! Loooove the grunge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Grunge and blokes just go together and your page works perfectly with the theme. Love the gold touches and the flair :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous work! thank you for playing along with us at Scrap 365 x

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL....gorgeous masculine page....and as you rightly say...our men certainly bring out the grungy, messy, artsy style....which is perfect! Love that button and your cool colouring! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you rocked this masculine layout and the gold paint is fabulous. Love the photos and it is awesome when you get a pic of them being normal and not fooling around. I love this and it just pops on the black. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous take on the sketch!! A masculine materpiece :) Thank you so much for joining us at Scrap365, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the title & the grungy look ... great man page .. thanks for playing on SCRAP365..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the grungy look especially the numbers on the background! Great layout. Thank you so much for joining in the Scrap 365 Sketch Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete