Tuesday 16 September 2014

Sketchabilities #123

Welcome back. This next layout is for the mid-month sketch over at SKETCHABILITIES. I had a lot of fun with this one, helped by the fact that I now have so many photos from the young ones' travelling collection. Here is the sketch:


It's a beauty don't you think?! And here is my creation (sorry about the crooked photography):


I so love this photo and I used to struggle with creating with bright colours, but since I've been driven out of my comfort zone it has become much easier for me. I've used some pretty Stampin' Up! paper, a Kaisercraft circle stencil, a Crafters Workshop script stencil, chippy ships wheel & bell from Scrapmatts, flowers from Scrappers Garden, Flair from A Piece of Cake Designs, a Kaisercraft tag and I've suddenly become hooked on sequins.                      

                            




I purchased some cork sheets recently, so I've been die cutting my own alphas and embellies with it and I love the outcome :)

I hope you are enjoying Karan's sketches as much as I am. Don't forget that you can find past sketches on the Sketchabilities Pinterest page HERE.  

Thanks again for looking :)

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Jo, love the colours and the circles/dots. Love the sketch, hope I can find time to join in. Great photo, looks like they are having the time of their lives x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is beautiful, the sketch is a beauty and you've done it proud, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sketch is great and your interpretation is inspiring. Love the bright colours and the MM background. The cork alphas work well with the Kaiser tag and the whole thing is fresh and inspiring :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout! Love the inky background and fantastic photo! All the blossoms looks fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete