Saturday 4 October 2014

CSI #142...

Welcome back! It's another gorgeous spring day here and a long weekend as well....gotta be happy with that! This weeks Case File at CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration has a great colour scheme to get us in the mood for Summer:


The Scene for this had me completely stumped for a while. It took a good couple of days for me to get my head around how I was going to interpret this Case File. And then I had a brain-wave....doesn't happen very often I can assure you. I was looking through the dozens of travel photos that the young ones have sent me and I started thinking about how they have coped not only with their move overseas but with also learning to live with each other on a daily basis and the many challenges and adventures that they have been through together. They both have very different personalities but in some ways they share some personality traits. When I put those thoughts with this weeks Scene I realised that it is true that one is right brain dominant and the other left brain dominant which maybe is how they've made it work. So this is what I came up with:



and a closie of the journalling:

                           

This lovely pic was taken on one of the Croatian islands recently - thanks guys for the pic :) I'm loving all the bright colours in this Case File and I feel quite comfortable using them these days, but it took a while for me get used to using lots of brights together.

I do hope you'll give this one a go. There is plenty of other inspiration by the DT over at CSI so don't feel daunted, just go with your mojo :)

Thanks for looking xx

5 comments:

  1. An inspired way to solve the case file Jo. Opposites attract, so they say, with each personality contributing from their strengths. Works here, in this household. A bright, fresh look to the page and I sooooo want to go to Croatia now :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and bright Jo. Such great memories you have preserved for Elise. Clever take on the challenge
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever way to interpret and you get another travel layout done too... bonus. Love the colours of this challenge... and I tried to do it but I had nothing. Think I have too much else on my plate at the moment :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute and fun page....your brainwave was super!!!

    ReplyDelete