Wednesday 1 October 2014

It's Sketchabilities time.....

Happy hump day and happy 1st October! And can anyone tell me how September managed to sneak by? But on the up side is that the first of the month brings lots of exciting new challenges here in my creative world. Karan over at SKETCHABILITIES has released a new sketch for you to try your hand at. This is another fun sketch to kick start your mojo for the month:


I must admit that this one had me stumped at first. I love hexagons and once I sat down to go through my old paper stash and off cuts I realised that I had some little hexagons left over from a previous project. I combined them with some Kaisercraft pp and this is the result:


I used some texture paste and a stencil and ink on the background as well. I thought the clocks/keys on the background paper worked well with the photos. I used a few dabs of Glimmer Glaze on the title and flicked some around on the background.

                            

I don't know how many goes we had at taking this photo, but it was only 4.30pm and we were losing the light very quickly. But I didn't want to leave without getting a pic of us with Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament all lit up for the evening. We tried with the flash, without the flash, in night mode etc etc. Luckily I was able to get one good shot amongst the dozen of photos we took - I so love digital photography :)

I'd love to see your entry over at Sketchabilities. Pop on over to the blog and check out the other lovely inspiration by the design team.

Thanks for dropping by......leave a comment if you can :)

3 comments:

  1. Another great travel page Jo. Great job capturing the image in the fading light. I like the use of hessian and your Chippie treatment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Jo....has a bit of a vintage feel to it! Love your chippie work here....fabulous! ;-)

    ReplyDelete