Tuesday 3 March 2015

The London odyssey...


I have now finally commenced our PL album of our trip to London in 2013 - yes I'm a tad behind, but since I have now finished recording our daughter's overseas journey and caught up on my design team commitments, I can concentrate on our own travel photos. So this is the first of the posts that I plan to share with you about this particular journey.




Don't worry I won't bore you with all the pages as I do them, but just bits and pieces. I love these American Crafts "Map" thickers that I bought on special ages ago and I've just been waiting to start this album to use them. I then decided to cut up the map that we used almost every day while we were there and label it with some of the places that we visited. I love the Kaisercraft Geo Tags die that I recently purchased. It's perfect for PL as it also has a miniature aeroplane and camera die included.


I've kept all these embellies that I bought in London in my stash all this time hoping that I'd be able to incorporate them into my album. Seeing as travelling the Underground Tube is a requirement while in London, I wanted have a page dedicated to just that with some of the photos that we took. I love this "Mind the Gap" embroidered embellishment.


And this is how the page turned out:


The Tube Map is a bit wonky in this photo, but IRL it does line up properly. The Oyster cards are the actual cards that we used on a daily basis.  Wanstead was where the kids lived for the first 12 months before moving to Putney. Queensway was the station closest to where our apartment was in Kensington Square Gardens. And the "London Bridge Station" photo was a "just because" shot :)
It is a bit of fun re-living our travels again but I can see by the amount of photos that I took, this will be an ongoing project for quite a while.

Thanks for looking and I'll be back again in the coming weeks with more of this journey.

2 comments:

  1. This is fabulous Jo... great idea to use a tube map and I love the pics. Looks so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am loving this ! Fabulous idea to cut up the map and use and the tube map. Love the "Mind the Gap" Oh the memories and using your oyster cards, Love the London Bound card as well. Love, Love Love

    ReplyDelete