Sunday 3 May 2015

Trying my hand at Gold...

I hope you've all had a great weekend. May has brought a few small changes to my life and hopefully now I'll have a bit more time to hang out with a very dear friend of mine. She has just had a "big" birthday and I was lucky enough to be able to help her celebrate this weekend. Firstly I made her a special card for her big day and I decided that I needed to experiment with some gold foil cardstock. It was certainly a labour of love and she absolutely loved it.


I had so much fun designing this card. I usually only put this much effort into my cards for the special people who I know will appreciate it. I've used my friend's favourite colour of aqua/teal as an accent. I'm loving the new Kaisercraft dies (background and "remember this moment"). The lovely skeleton leaves are a Prima die and the little oval frame is also from Prima, which I embedded with gold beads and added the number 50 in gold glitter. The pearls are from a Xmas bon bon from a few years ago. I dabbed around a bit of Aqua 3D paint and some Viva Inca Gold for highlights.

I think I can see myself combining a bit of gold more often in my projects in the near future :) Thanks for dropping by!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card.....so pretty and special! I am sure your friend appreciated and loved this! ;-)

    ReplyDelete