Wednesday 15 July 2015

Scrap Arica & the winter blues....

Hello again and welcome back. Today I'm staying indoors and sharing with you the brand new challenge over at SCRAP AFRICA. This mood board will appeal to almost everyone, but especially to those who, like me struggle with masculine pages. Thanks Denise once again for a fabulous Mood Board:



I really love the quote and I wanted to incorporate a part of it in my layout. What inspired me about this mood board was the timber and the rusty old ute.



Our DS finally found the perfect "project car" to work on in his spare time. He's a automotive repairer by trade so knows his way around a car and is looking forward to bringing life back into this old girl and giving her his own flavour. But most of all he's looking forward to the day that he can get it registered and on the road, looking like a brand new car.


I've used my trusty Kaisercraft pp and a couple of stencils on the background and "rusted up" the cogs. Once again I used my water colours to replicate the rust running off the cogs.

I really hope I will see your work over on the Scrap Africa blog for this challenge. Thanks for dropping by. Have a great week and for those of you in Australia, stay warm :)

2 comments:

  1. A fab masculine page, perfect for the mood board. Love the quote. All your embellishements are perfect for this layout. Wow a fantastic project for Tim. You will be able to document the progress

    ReplyDelete
  2. I soooo love this page Jo and love that you did a masculine page! Love the details and love the photo of your boy and his old girl! ;-) The rusty bits are just fabulous! Stunning! ;-)

    ReplyDelete