Saturday 22 August 2015

My one on one tutorial with Lizzy Hill...

Welcome back fellow crafters! One of the many things that I love about paper crafting is that there is always something new to learn no matter how long you've been in the industry. During my recent stay at Camp Mojo the very talented Lizzy Hill gave me a one-on-one tutorial on a lovely stamping technique - Bokeh. I love how easy this is to achieve and yet it looks very effective. Here is a definition if you have not come across the term before.

  1. In photography, bokeh (Originally /ˈboʊkɛ/, /ˈboʊkeɪ/ BOH-kay — Japanese: [boke]) is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens. Bokeh has been defined as "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light". wikipedia - the free encyclopaedia.
So it happens that you can reproduce this with stamping, similar to the photography technique. Here is the sample that I made (although it was a lot larger than this until I cut it down).




And then I decided to use it on the background of a layout that I created while at the Camp.



I just love this photo of my daughter and her friend taken by Jon Mold in Italy a couple of years ago while they were attending another friend's wedding. I've used this photo before because it is so scrapbook friendly :)  I've used the yellow Bokeh as part of the background and added more circles extending off it with texture paste. I'm going to use the left over piece on a card. I can't wait to use this technique on more of my work and in different colours, so stay tuned.

TFL xx

6 comments:

  1. Well you know I love this layout so much, I love how you have extended the leaves onto the page and the stunning photo you have complimented perfectly and really make you photo shine.You have named your layout aptly ...... Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic technique and awesome layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely layout! And how much fun to spend time with lizzy it would have been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh you're an amazing scrapper.... Sooo enjoy your company & seeing your work IRL, roomy!!!!! Knew I'd have to follow you!!!! So much yummy-ness in your work!!!! Thanks for the shout out (aaawwww shucks!!)....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is stunning Jo, I just love the colours you have used

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes indeed, it is truly beautiful. Love the bokeh effect and to learn from Lizzy must have been a treat.

    ReplyDelete