Wednesday 2 September 2015

Scrap Africa #58

Hello fellow crafters and welcome back to my humble blog. Here is another great sketch challenge for  SCRAP AFRICA. Denise continually comes up with the loveliest sketches and mood boards that are so inspiring. You just have to have a play with them!

I knew what I wanted to do with this one as soon as I saw it. I flipped it so that the pattern was vertical.
My inspo for this challenge started as a tag, however it somehow became bigger than "Ben Hur" and I transformed it into a card front, thanks to my tendency to get carried away. I made this at a recent Scrapbooking Retreat and I was so busy talking and sharing ideas that I didn't realise until it was too late that I'd gone a tad overboard for this to be just a small tag. A fellow crafter at the Retreat offered to buy this from me when she saw it sitting on my desk, so I decided maybe I hadn't gone too far after all :D


I've used my favourite Graphic 45 Botanical Tea collection along with a few odds and ends from Stampin' Up! and Scrapmatts. I also used my water colour paints to paint the chipboard pieces. All I need to do now is pop it onto a card ready for a special person to receive.

I hope you find something that will inspire you to have a go at the challenge and please call into the Scrap Africa Blog and leave some blog love in the comments section. TFL xx

3 comments:

  1. I was lucky enough to see this IRL and it is truly beautiful , I don't think you are capable of anything less Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this looks really pretty! I love it!

    ReplyDelete