Wednesday 2 December 2015

A fond farewell...

Hello everyone & welcome back to my humble blog. Now that December has arrived I can let you know (with a heavy heart) that I am stepping down from the Design Teams of ARTastic & Scrap Africa. It was a very hard decision as I have so loved being involved with these two wonderfully organised challenge blogs. A few months ago I returned to the world of study which is taking up more of my time than I anticipated. An opportunity arose for me to pursue something that I've been interested in for a long time so with that and working outside the home I struggled to give ARTastic & Scrap Africa the attention that they deserve & I am not one for doing things by halves. So to be fair to both Jane & Denise I have given up my Team position. I want to take this opportunity to pubicly thank both Jane Howden (ARTastic) and Denise van Deventer (Scrap Africa) for having me on their teams & for running such fun & inspirational challenges. I do hope that the New Year will bring me a few more hours in each day so that I can participate in their challenges. I hope that all of you will continue to support ARTastic & Scrap Africa & continue to submit your wonderful creations.

So without further ado, here are my final Design Team submissions.  The December challenge over at ARTastic is a Christmas theme with the criteria being GOLD. Here is the lovely artwork by Alice Ju:


Alice has really captured the technique of creating shine on the baubles and ribbons in this piece. Here is my Christmas tag on which I used gold texture paste & Inka Gold for highlights. I die cut the stars & the word "hope" & used aqua, gold & white mists & paint.



You really need to pop on over to the ARTastic blog & check out the beautiful DT inspo! I hope you will find the time to join in on this very easy challenge.

Next up is my final DT submission for SCRAP AFRICA This isn't necessarily a Christmas themed challenge, but another beautiful sketch by Denise. I've gone with a Christmas theme because it is my last submission. Don't let the hexagons put you off though! they are very easy to achieve or you don't have to use them at all, just go with however this sketch inspires you. Easy peasy!


I've gone for a Card using the lovely Kaisercraft paper collection "Silver bells". Lots of die cutting as well.


Check out the inspo over on the Scrap Africa blog! You'll see some amazing creations from the Design Team.

I will still be updating my blog as often as possible, hopefully with some paper creations, & I'm still working on our London album, so please call in from time to time & I would love to hear from you. In the meantime, happy creating! xx

4 comments:

  1. Both such beautiful works of art Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better be updating from time to time! I need a Jo inspirational up the backside shot every now and then!!! LOVE that tag.....now. I think this would be a brill make and take for you know what!!!! And the card is a BRILL take on the sketch :) I do so adore looking at your scrapping..... will miss you on the teams especially ARTastic :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that is a shame but I hear you sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to be committed 100%.. I hope that you will still have creative time and we still get to see your work. I love love the tag it is so pretty and the colours and layers are just lovely. The Chrissy card is also stunning. The wreath is fabulous. :D Good luck with all your future endeavours Jo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the tag Jo it is stunning as is your card. Your work is beautiful . Sad to see you leaving ARTastic, but as Lizzy says you had better give us some inspiration on here from time to time. I hope your study is going well and you are enjoying the course

    ReplyDelete