Thursday 18 February 2016

Playing with water colours


Hidey Ho creative friends, I've been meaning to share with you a set of cards created with stamps and water colours. Recently I was asked to make a few cards for someone who has a few occasions coming up so I thought I'd dig out my water colours and Faber-Castell Gelatos. This first Happy Birthday card was made using water colour paper and a lovely dragon fly stamp by Prima. For the second card I've used Gelatos. By the way, water colour paper is used on all the cards because of the amount of water required to get the effects that I wanted. I then stamped over it with a Kaisercraft background stamp and then a stamp set from Stampin' Up! using Ranger Archival Ink.



I also used the Prima butterfly stamp on the "Thanks" card then coloured them with more intense water colour than the background. 


This last Happy Birthday card is stamped with two Kaisercraft background stamps and a script stamp from Stampin' Up! I die-cut the large words from Mama Elephant dies. I'm itching to actually use my water colours on a sketch or two so maybe whilst on my upcoming holiday I will get the chance, fingers crossed.  Thanks fro dropping by!  :) xx

3 comments:

  1. A gorgeous quartet of cards Jo. They make me want to bust out my Gelatos which are seriously underused. You've used a couple of my favourite Kaiser stamps on the third card and I love the Mama Elephant dies. Iv'e not heard of them before. Off to investigate. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are magnifique! I do hope you get to 'play' a bit more on your break. With all that art history I bet you are rearing to get 'stuck into it'...... I have lots of these stamps & would NOT have thought to use them like this! So thanks for the inspiration :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Jo, I seriously do not use my gelato's enough. Love how you used the kaiser stamps on the Happy Birthday card . Enjoy your break
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete