Sunday 10 July 2016

The Case of the missing Mojo, Chapter 2...

If you've read my previous post about my missing Mojo saga, then you'll be up to date. If not then I'll just say that this is the second of three (yes three!) challenges that I completed this weekend. This particular one is for ARTastic.  The theme this month is Country/Rural and this is the inspo art work by Elioth Gruner titled Spring Frost Study.


I have heaps of rural photos that I could have used for this challenge, however I chose a photo that our DS took on his recent solo roadtrip to outback Queensland. He has captured an outback dawn beautifully and if you look closely you can see the crescent moon still in the sky, reluctant to relinquish its watch over him.


I have used the Paper Flourish June Kit Club products which includes the Kaisercraft "Just Landed" collection. My background was created with stencils and black texture paste, stamps, mists and the Kaisercraft "Circle Mesh" die. I really love using this die on masculine cards and layouts. The cogs are a Tim Holtz die.

                            


Thanks for calling in, and stay tuned for Chapter three :) xx

17 comments:

  1. So I am following your journey backwards :) another stunner,I love how you have picked up the colour of dawn breaking in your gorgeous background work . Love it, stunning
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! The photo is amazing.... the scrapping is super amazing. I'm with you with those dies and stamps you've used - & that touch of yellow coming through. Really fabulous take on our ARTastic challenge. Thanks for sharing:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this is such an amazing layout, just love the back ground details and fantastic photo.. and yes I am following back awards too.. off to the next one before this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beauty Jo - this photo is amazing as is your page. Thank you for sharing with us on ARTastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your background and embellishments! Good combination!
    Thanks for playing along with our ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, This layout is simply gorgeous, the photo is fabulous and looks perfect. All the embellishments work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how gutsy and grungy your layout is with all those textures. Love how you've pulled the colours from the photo and used them on the page. Excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning photo, beautifully scrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow....sooo cool! I love it! Great colors, details and photo.
    Thanks a lot for joining us at ARTastic! Hope to see you again next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous page, I just love all the texture elements.
    Louise xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photo and layout. I love the way you have picked out the amazing colours in the photo, and all the details and texture you have created. Thanks for playing along with the ARTastic challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page Jo. Just love it. Thank you so much for joining us at ARTastic this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like all the diecuts you used. great layout. Thanks for creating with us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your background and bottom borders. Makes for a 'rugged' page, perfect for your photo. Thank you for creating for our challenge at ARTastic this month. It's never easy when you lose your scrapbook mojo, but it's so much sweeter when you get it back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love IT!!! This is sooooo COOL!! Awesome😃 Many ghansks for sharing with us at ARTastic. Anna xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your layout and your photo! Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!

    ReplyDelete