Monday 1 August 2016

Challenge YOUrself #31

Just back from a fun-filled Scrapbooking Retreat and my head is full of inspiration! So as the title of this Post suggests, I have challenged myself to create more pages about yours truly. It's probably one of the hardest subjects for us to tackle, however I am just about out of photos of my kids so I am putting myself in front of the camera for a change. There is a wonderful Blog called Challenge YOUrself which sets monthly challenges about the subject of YOU. This is my first time entering a challenge on this Blog so here goes:



I took this sketch along with me to the Retreat, so I had ample time to get it done. I chose a pic of our DS and myself taken last Summer in Sydney. I remember this day in December because the weather was hovering around 40 degrees in the City and after a morning of shopping we called in to a bar next to the Opera House for a cool ale or two. It was just before Christmas so the shops were really crowded. It was so hot that after this photo was taken we went back to our Hotel for a "Siesta" in the air con before heading out for dinner and a show.


I had a bit of fun using some of Flutterby Designs' luscious "flutter colour" acrylic mixed media paint (Aquamarine Dream) that was kindly given to me at the Retreat, plus the amazing Colour Blast Colour Paste (Sunshine) which dries to a beautifully vibrant shiny texture. Both of these products come from wonderful Australian Companies.  So I've used a bit of vellum between the paper layers and stamped some of the vellum along with the photo with a script stamp.

Thanks for calling and I urge you to call on over to the Challenge YOUrself blog and check out the inspo or have a look at Flutterby Designs website as well as the relatively new Colour Blast website.
Ta ta for now xx

11 comments:

  1. Wow, such an amazing layout! Love all the layers and that paint. Good job! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself! Åsa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wonderful picture and take on the sketch! I really like how you did this on your retreat,Jo! Thank you so much for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are very happy that you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful photo of you and Tim , love the colours you have chosen and the use of paint. Beautiful layout Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great, love the picture and the design and the Mixed media... super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is awesome, love all about your layout! The blue splashes are perfect! Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! Just WOW!! -- love the colors and that paint!! DROOLING!! <3 Thanks for joining us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really love the colors you chose and the take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely Mother and Son photo and great to see you on the page too Jo. Love the weathered wood background and the clean design :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this layout Jo, so visually interesting and the colours are fantastic. Thank you for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Golly, the background on this is fabulous. Gorgeous layout.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photo is beautiful, I like as did the sketch, the colors are fabulous, thanks for partcipar with us in Challenge YOUrself.
    María Cecilia.

    ReplyDelete