Tuesday 9 May 2017

A little Thank You creativity

Hello and welcome back. I'm sharing with you today a Thank You card that I made last week for a special request. I pulled out some of my old Stampin' Up! stash and started to play. Gosh I forgot how many nice SU stamps sets that I have and barely use.

This one is from the "Postage Due" stamp set. I'm not sure if it's still available. I had pulled this one out recently to use the little postage stamps that come with it for my travel journal that I'm currently working on and realised that I hadn't used the main image of this set for a long time.


I've used four different stamps on this card along with "Island Indigo" and "Daffodil Delight" inks also from Stampin' Up!  I did a Rock'n Rollin'n technique with the ink and I really love the colour combination and the effect that it gave me.  The other stamps that I used are: Perfectly Penned, French Foliage (my absolute favourite that I use regularly) and Feels Good (image below).
The Flair "You lift me up" is from D-lish Scraps.

I made this card a 6"x 6" because there were going to be a quite a few people signing it so I left the right inside of the card blank for all the signatures and stamped a sentiment to the left inside of the card so they didn't have to struggle with writing on a bulking surface.

 

I loved this colour combo and technique so much that I also made a few tiny Thank You cards to take away on our o/s trip to give to our river cruise room attendants (they really spoil us!).

I was going to post a couple of photos on the progress of my travel journal here today, however it would have helped if I'd actually taken the photos.....oops. So I'll be back soon. Take care xx

2 comments:

  1. Jo this is beautiful and I think you best be giving us a tutorial on this when we have our trip to the Mountains. Looking forward to seeing your travel journal and how thoughtful to make the thank you cards for your trip , it is nice to be appreciated , it will mean the world to them.
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jo. I love those stamps and the colours are amazing. I am sure whoever gets it will be very happy. So nice when you find cool stuff in your stash that you havent used for a while :D

    ReplyDelete